Circular Sight Glass Accessories
John Moncrieff Ltd are delighted to announce that we are working with Max Muller AG for Process Illumination, visual observation systems and circular sight glass accessories in the UK.
Max Muller AG have over 75 year experience in the field, and can offer solution for most observation requirements.
Wipers | Products
WIPERS, SERIES W, WD, WDT, WR, WDR / WS
Wipers may be used to prevent the crystallization of media onto the glass and to remove dust and dirt. One of a range of l circular sight glass accessories.
SERIES W / WD / WDT / WR / WDR centrally operated wipers are mounted through the sightglass disc on either DIN 28120 (DN 50 – 200), DIN 11851 (DN 40 – 125) or similar sightglasses. The materials of construction are stainless steel with either a silicon rubber or PTFE wiper blade. The glass discs are available in sodium silicate to DIN 8902 and in borosilicate to DIN 7080. The maximum allowed temperatures are 180°C with wiper blade from silicone and 200°C with wiper blade from PTFE. Due to the central hole in the glass disc, they are not suitable for higher pressure applications, but are capable of operating under vacuum.
Series W = Version with one wiper-blade, manipulation by handling arm and ratch
Series WD = Version with double wiper-blade, manipulation by handling arm and ratch
Series WDT = Version with double wiper-blade, manipulation by T handle
Series WR = Version with one wiper-blade, manipulation by knob
Series WDR =Version with double wiper-blade, manipulation by knob
SERIES WS sideways operated wipers are mounted through the sightglass flanges of DIN 28120 type sightglasses in the range of DN 100 to DN 200. The maximum allowed pressure is 16 bar. Materials of construction are stainless steel with the wiper blades of PTFE or silicone rubber.
- Special O-ring seals
- Version in Hastelloy C4
- Larger dimensions (up to DN 400)
ELECTRIC AND PNEUMATIC MOTOR DRIVES FOR WINDOW WIPERS, SERIES WDE / WDP
The staff of a plant does not always have the possibility to survey the interior of a process vessel through a sightglass on site. For these cases, remote observation by means of a camera linked to a control room is the optimal solution. A camera may, however, only record and transmit high-quality images if the product side of the sightglass disc is free of dust, condensate or crystal depots. The motor drives series WDE and WDP have been developed for such applications. The combination of a window wiper, a spraying device, a VIDEOLUX camera system and a light fitting and the motor drive unit ensures an optimal image quality at any time. One of our range of circular sight glass accessories.
- Electric motor drive for use in hazardous areas
- Admitted for hazardous zones 1 and 2 as well as 21 and 22
- For ambient temperatures from –20 °C to + 40 °C
- Ignition protection type (motor and gear box): EEx d IIC T6 CE IIC GD 80 °C
- Nominal voltage: 24 V DC
- Motor housing and supply: IP 68
- Motor shaft: IP 54 pursuant to EN 60529
- Direction of rotation: Clockwise or inverse
- Operating pressure of the unit sightglass / WDE: Depending on the dimensions of the sightglass disc with central bore hole
- Pneumatic drive for use in hazardous and safe areas
- For ambient temperatures from –20 °C to + 20 °C (T6) or from –20 °C to + 40 °C (T5)
- Ex classification: Ex II 2 GD c IIC T6 / T5
- Speed adjustable by means of throttle valve
- Operating pressure of the unit sightglass / WDP: Depending on the dimensions of the sightglass disc with central bore hole
Spraying Devices | Products
SPRAYING DEVICES, SERIES SV / SVS
Spraying devices may be used to prevent the crystallisation of media onto the glass and to remove dust and dirt. Ideal for grain stores, or areas with dust build up.
Series SV (central) / SVS (sideways) spraying devices are fitted through the sightglass flanges and have the same pressure rating as the sightglass itself. They are available to suit sizes of DN 50 to DN 200 of sightglasses to DIN 28120 or similar. The spray head and the feed tubes are made from stainless steel. Either a liquid or gaseous cleaning medium may be used.
Available in Hastelloy C22
Glass Discs | Products
GLASS DISCS OR PLATES, CIRCULAR OR RECTANGULAR
Glass discs with or without central bore hole, We offer custom cutting and can produce to your exact size, one of our range of circular sight glass accessories.
The glass discs are sized for being mounted into standard circular sightglass fittings to DIN 28120 / 28121 or similar, circular sightglass fittings for PN 0 (lightweight version) and also for use in screwed sightglass fittings similar to DIN 11851. The glass discs with central bore hole Ø 10.5 mm have the same application as the above, but may be fitted with the centrally operated wipers of the series W / WD / WDT / WR / WDR.
The glass plates are sized to be mounted into the rectangular or D-ended sightglass fittings LSG (R,RR) / RSG ( R,RR)
- Nominal pressure: Rated to the DIN standards. Versions with central bore hole for wiper application on request.
- Maximum 150°C for sodium silicate glass to DIN 8902 (discs)
- Maximum 280°C for borosilicate glass to DIN 7080 (discs)
- Maximum 150°C for sodium silicate glass to DIN 8903 (plates)
- Maximum 243°C for borosilicate glass to DIN 7081 (plates)
- No minimum temperature limit.
- The glass discs / plates are toughened by a thermal treatment, the surfaces polished, and the edges ground smooth.
- To be supplied against extra charge to DIN EN 10204
- Individual pressure tests
SPECIAL VERSIONS / OPTIONS:
- Rectangular glass plates
- Fused glass / metal discs to DIN 7079
- Laminated glasses of different diameters and thicknesses
- Glass discs of different diameters and thicknesses, made from only one glass block
- Special dimensions
- Drilled holes